Thursday, October 9, 2008

The REASON we are here!


I thought I'd update you on life in Maryland. One of the worst things to happen at Dad's work is to be asked to talk to the "Boss". That usually means that you are going to be belittled and told off. Dad came home a week ago and went into a long detailed story about his day and said "Then Fred told me he needed to talk to me!!" I thought, "This is going to be awful or better than I expect". As most of you know, Dad hasn't been happy at USRA since this boss started. He was also told that he would get a promotion this fall. Of course, Dad has not believed that for a second. So Fred follows Dad into his office and shuts the door. Then he tells Dad that he is doing a great job!!!!!!! I was so shocked! He also informed him that he had put in for a hefty raise and promotion for him!!! Dad hasn't found out the final details but should sometime this week. The sad part is that the one guy dad likes there is in the "belittling phase" right now and has been put on probation for 3 months. He has been job hunting for quite a few months and will leave as soon as he finds something else. Dad is still looking for another job. He doesn't trust his boss at all. He is glad for the praise but is worried he will be next. It seems like he really puts someone up on a pedistal and 6 months later he tears them off and stomps on them. The good news is that we can get some layoff bills paid and hopefully I won't have to work much longer. That is the best part of all. I will be so happy when I am free to do all the things at home that I love to do. Keep praying for Dad to do a good job and know that your prayers are answered now.

3 comments:

HeatherD said...

I have been wondering what happened with that. I thought for sure he would have heard by now. We will keep praying and hoping another job turns up. The thought of him losing another job makes me physically ill. Bad news in our lives. It never ends. After two weeks of waiting to hear back from the Salt Lake guy he finally emailed Brian this morning and said that a hiring freeze has hit Salt Lake and he can't work there right now. We are in major panic mode. We don't know if we should just get some random jobs down here until we can sell or if Brian should go to Ogden. Argh! I thought we were as low as we could go.

Charisse and Kory said...

I am happy to hear that he was praised! It is about time! I will keep praying for him to find another job. I don't like the sound of that guy!

John and Suzy said...

Welcome to the blog world! If David hadn't set mine up, I wouldn't be blogging. It is a great way to stay in touch and I will love checking yours out. We will keep you in our prayers as well.