I never thought my life could be so busy and so crazy at the same time. Working and being a homemaker is one of the hardest things to do. I'm terribly unbalanced and I'm ashamed to say that the homemaker job is the one I'm failing at. Maybe if I were younger and stronger I could do a better job. As you can see, the blog has been neglected too. It falls in the homemaking job so .....
Christmas was a blast with Heather's family here. We rarely had time to rest. The kids didn't like the site seeing as much as the adults and probably won't remember that part much at all and if they do, it will be with frustration. But hopefully the rest will bring back pleasant memories. We hope to have Andy's crew here this next year.
Can't tell who it is? Heather and Brian
One of those great site seeing trips!
Adin enjoying a fresh Dunkin' Donut!!The medical practice I work for has gone back to a regular practice instead of a retainer practice They were very successful at collecting $2000 from patients for a years worth of healthcare.
Of course they still needed insurance to pay for drugs, hospital and specialists. They were surprised at the response. But Maryland has an insurance commission that didn't understand and wants to investigate and regulate so they pulled out. I'm glad because I need the job for at least another year and they were going to let people go. I was thrilled to receive my yearly pay increase of 50 cents an hour. ;) They told me I deserved it with all my hard work. If you didn't know. I work for 3 jewish, miserly doctors and 2 regular ones. The miserly ones are in charge. But with how much I make, I'm at a little under 5% for my raise. Not bad for an uneducated OLD lady.
My birthday was rather uneventful. Dad was at a conference in DC and had to stay for 3 days and 2 nights. It was the company's board meeting so he didn't have a way to get out of it. Sarah was great and baked me an angel food cake (my favorite). When dad came home he took me out to my favorite mexican food restaraunt and planned to celebrate the next night. He said he would get off work early so I could go get a new cell phone. (My one request for my birthday). When we got home I came upstairs to talk to Sarah and things didn't look right. I was SUPER SURPRISED to see a brand new flat screen tv for me. Wow! What a shock. It was so fun to have a surprise. Dad had actually stayed home the whole day and gone out to get it and set it up before I got home. I love it and my pretty PURPLE phone.
My birthday was rather uneventful. Dad was at a conference in DC and had to stay for 3 days and 2 nights. It was the company's board meeting so he didn't have a way to get out of it. Sarah was great and baked me an angel food cake (my favorite). When dad came home he took me out to my favorite mexican food restaraunt and planned to celebrate the next night. He said he would get off work early so I could go get a new cell phone. (My one request for my birthday). When we got home I came upstairs to talk to Sarah and things didn't look right. I was SUPER SURPRISED to see a brand new flat screen tv for me. Wow! What a shock. It was so fun to have a surprise. Dad had actually stayed home the whole day and gone out to get it and set it up before I got home. I love it and my pretty PURPLE phone.
huge chunk for advertising!!
I better quit before you have a heart attack from reading my long awaited for Blog.
3 comments:
Hee Hee Hee! I love the comment of dying from shock at you posting a blog. I was going to give you a hard time about not posting for so long, but I saw firsthand how busy you are so I just patiently waited. When we left for Maryland, we talked about how this would have to be a once every few years thing rather than every other year, but after being up there I am pushing for at least every other year ;0) We'll see how much I can control that.
Yeah!! I am so excited you blogged! That is exciting you got a raise and I love your tv!
I have a sudden desire for the minty freshness that only comes after brushing with Crest. Mmmm...Crest! If it wasn't Sunday I would go buy some right now. We're excited to hear that things are going well. Your phone looks very cool, and your TV looks like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment